3. Internet/Mobile Data and Metadata. When you use the Platform, we receive, store and process a variety of information about your location (e.g. IP address, GPS coordinates), your device (e.g. make, model and specifications of your device, OS, UDID), metadata (e.g. time, date and location of when a post was made) and other similar data, to the extent sent by your computer or mobile device or generated as part of the data communications with the Platform.
4. Tracking Technologies; Advertising.
5. General Uses. OfferUp uses and processes the collected information, including Personal Information, for the following uses:
6. Payment. OfferUp use or intends to use a third party credit card processing company to handle credit card payments made on the Platform. As part of this process, your name and other credit card information will be sent to third parties for processing.
7. Use of Communications. OfferUp will review, scan, or analyze your communications made via the Platform or with us for fraud prevention, risk assessment, legal/regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to improve our product and service offerings.
8. Limitation on Use. OfferUp will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you, nor will to use any of your credit card or payment information as part of our advertising or marketing campaigns.
9. Opting Out. You will be able to unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving certain marketing and promotional messages and communications by logging on to your OfferUp account then going to Settings and toggling the Newsletter switch to “off”, or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email we send to you.
10. Platform Disclosure. Your Personal Information may be disclosed on the Platform as follows:
11. Social Media. You may link your account on a third party social media site to your OfferUp account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these third party sites as “Friends.” When you create this link:
12. Disclosures to Partners, Affiliates.
13. If OfferUp or its owners engages in any merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of its assets or bankruptcy or insolvency (“Major Corporate Event”), we may, as part of the transaction, sell, transfer or share some or all of your information, including your Personal Information. OfferUp will not sell your Personal Information to any third party outside of a Major Corporate Event.
14. You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your OfferUp account by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your OfferUp account entirely, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and enter your request for cancellation. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform in association with your account name, even after your OfferUp account is cancelled.
15. All communication between the Platform to OfferUp’s servers is encrypted using 128-bit SSL. We have also sought to use other reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information and other information against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. OfferUp cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
16. If you become aware of a security issue, please provide us with details regarding the security issue at email@example.com. We will work with you to address the security issues you have encountered.
19. The Platform utilizes Facebook Connect API(s) to allow you to log on to the Platform using your Facebook account. Your use of Facebook is subject to Facebook’s terms and policies, as may be amended by Facebook from time to time.
21. OfferUp may change how we collect and then use Personal Information at any time, at our sole discretion.
24. International Users. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including, Personal Information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to laws of the United States. By using the Platform or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
25. Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), OfferUp customers who are residents of California may request certain information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information during the immediate prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address: