Protecting Your Privacy
In various places on the Sites, we collect "Personally Identifiable Information," such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you.
- Ideal Technologies will not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except for the information you choose to publicly disclose in the listings you publish, with our advertisers or any third-parties for marketing purposes.
- Ideal Technologies offers email anonymization and relay to protect your identity and reduce spam.
- Account information is password protected. Keep your password safe.
- Ideal Technologies does not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from persons under the age of 13, and Ideal Technologies does not permit persons under the age of 13 to register on the Sites. If Ideal Technologies learns that a listing is by a person under the age of 13, Ideal Technologies will remove that listing.
Ideal Technologies, or people that place listings on Ideal Technologies, may provide links to third party web sites, which may have different privacy practices than Ideal Technologies. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies on these third party web sites. We encourage all users to read the privacy policies of every web site you visit.
Registration is required to place a listing through our service or to use other types of functionality that require the service to recognize a user (e.g., Ideal Technologies Alerts). If you decide to register or sign up for certain services, you will need to give us certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as a valid e-mail address and zip code. You will also have the option to provide other Personally Identifiable Information such as your address. This Personally Identifiable Information will be used to personalize and improve your experience of our service. This information will not be disclosed to any third-party without your explicit consent.
Registered users may choose to receive a copy of our newsletter or receive other mailings from us regarding our service or the Sites. You may opt-out of receiving future mailings as part of the registration process.
You can review and change your Personally Identifiable Information or password at any time on the "Settings" page.
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Ideal Technologies Inc. services we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
Data We Collect
In addition to Personally Identifiable Information you provide at registration or by using the service, we collect the following information:
- Listings content. When you place a listing or a review on the Sites, we collect a variety of information related to that listing (e.g., price, model). The public will see any information that you include in your listing, and as such, Ideal Technologies has no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what Personally Identifiable Information you disclose in your listing. You can always edit or deactivate any of your listings.
- Correspondence. Correspondence between you and the other party initiated through our site, and correspondence to us.
- "Anonymous Information" such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on our Sites that you visit, the search terms that you enter and the advertisements that you click. This information is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the site and otherwise improve our service to you.
- We may provide Badge programs from time to time. If you choose to participate in a Badge program, we may collect the information you've provided to us in connection with granting you a Badge (e.g., your age for a Badge intended for seniors).
- When you use or connect to OfferUp's website or download the OfferUp mobile app by or through a Third Party Platform, such as Facebook or other social networking site, you allow us to access and/or collect certain information from your Third Party Platform profile/account (such as your Facebook account) or via any cookies placed on your device by such Third Party Platform as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy settings with the Third Party Platform. We will share such information with the Third Party Platform for their use as permitted by the terms of the agreement and your privacy setting with the Third Party Platform.
Data We Store
The following information is stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived:
- Registration information.
- All listings, review and comment content.
- Activity logs and other records.
- Information collected in connection with the operation of our Badge programs.
Although we make good faith efforts to store information in a secure environment that is not made available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We may use the information you disclosed to us to:
- Provide our services to you.
- Provide customer service to you.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Review and use the information you provide to us in connection with our administration of any Badge program.
We will share some of the information we collect from you upon install of our mobile app with vendors and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the services we provide to you and/or for analytics purposes which may require the reproduction and display of such information in an aggregated and anonymized manner such that will not in any way identify you.”
Ideal Technologies may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to a legal process (e.g., subpoenas, court orders).
- Respond to claims that a listing or content violates the rights of third parties.
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of Ideal Technologies, its users or the general public.
Ideal Technologies may also disclose information with:
- Our partner web sites if you create an account on one of those sites.
- Service providers under contract who help us with business operations such as fraud investigations.